Rescue operations halted due to not finding Sadpara, two other climbers missing from K2

Rescue work to find three climbers, including Pakistan’s Muhammad Ali Saad Pharah, who went missing while climbing to the top of the K2 mountain, the second highest in the world, was halted on Sunday because no climbers were found. According to their team, Sadpara, Iceland’s John Snorri and Chile’s MP Mohr have not been contacted since they started promoting the K2 Summit at Camp 3 at midnight on Thursday and Friday. Several experts are part of the rescue mission, including four local alpine climbers, Fazal Ali and Jalal from Shimshal, Imtiaz Hussain and Akbar Ali from Skardu, Chhang Dawa Sherpa, and other members of the SST Winter Expedition Team. Two military helicopters flew to the second maximum limit of 7,800 m and conducted an hour-long aerial reconnaissance to find the missing climber. According to Chhang Dawa Sherpa, the search team followed Abruzzi and other routes but did not see any trail of climbers. Sherpa said the operation was unsuccessful and temporarily stopped due to cloudy weather and strong winds. Sajid Sadpara, son of Ali Sadpara, who participated in the expedition but had to give up due to equipment problems, spoke to Skardu’s media and said he would have had an accident on his way back from climbing the K2. He said the trio has already climbed 8,200m. Sajid added that it was possible to carry out a body recovery operation, saying that, after being missing for three days, there is a “very low” chance of surviving in extremely cold weather without proper equipment. “We started pushing the K2 Summit on February 5th at 12 am. Me, my father Ali Sadpara, John Snorri and MP Mohr were bottlenecks and the other climbers descended,” Sajid said. Camp 3 at an altitude of 8,200 m after the oxygen regulator he was using leaked. Sajid started descending from a bottleneck around 12 p.m. and arrived at Camp 3 at 5 p.m. He added that the communication device was not working and he could not contact the climber. It. He waited for the climbers at Camp 3 that night and kept the camp lights on so that the missing climbers noticed. On a Saturday morning, the base camp manager told Sajid not to climb because of the bad weather and advised him to start the descent. “Unfortunately, no climbers came the next day,” said Sajid, who arrived at K2 base camp on Saturday evening. “My father Ali Sadd Pharah and two other climbers were crossing the bottleneck (8,200m), the most technical part of the K2 on Friday at 11am. It seems to have gone missing while coming down from the top,” he added. He thanked the Pakistani Army, the Civil Administration, the rescue team, and their support and sympathy in this situation. Search-initiating expedition officials previously told Dawn that rescuers are looking for missing climbers along the path to the summit via helicopter. He added that the search will continue until all three are found. Another official on the expedition said the rescue team was working hard to track the climber. According to Chhang Dawa Sherpa, the search began as an air reconnaissance on Saturday, but the helicopter returned after worsening weather conditions, making it more difficult to continue the search. Three were reported missing on Saturday as they lost contact with the base camp late Friday, and did not receive a report from the support team while the support team climbed the 8,611-meter-high K2 mountain. “The base camp did not receive signals from Sadpara and his foreign colleagues after 8,000 meters. […] Kara Le Hyderi, chief official of the Pakistan Alpine Club, told the Associated Press. On Saturday, the helicopter flew to a height of 7,000 m in search of the missing climber. News of the missing people came just one day after it was confirmed that a Bulgarian mountaineer had died in K2. When the three started the summit, 18 out of one of the expeditions decided to abandon their attempts and descend on a Friday morning instead of the night at Camp 3. Earlier, three climbers were reported to have reached the top of K2 and were congratulated by government officials, including Governor Gilgit-Baltistan and Prime Minister. However, there is no official statement. It has been announced in this regard and it is currently unclear whether it has reached the top on Friday. An expedition official said in an interview with Dawn that the only confirmed news was that Clim had reached the top. Bers went beyond the bottleneck and assumed that many of them reached the top. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement that Icelandic Foreign Minister Gudlaugur Thór Thórdarson spoke to Shah Mehmood Qureshi over the phone. Kuresh assured him that Pakistan would spare no effort in finding the missing mountaineer. Haideri cited Sadpara’s experience as a mountaineer who climbed eight of the tallest mountains in the world, including the highest Mount Everest, and tried to climb K2 in winter. K2 is the most prominent peak on the Pakistani side of the Himalayas, and the second highest peak in the world after Mount Everest. K2’s winter wind blows at more than 200 km/h and the temperature drops to minus 60 degrees Celsius. A team of 10 Nepalese climbers made history by expanding the K2 for the first time in the winter of January 16th.